Yacht Taxi Service
All year ship to shore/shore to ship yacht taxi service between Noss and One Gun Point in Dartmouth.
Operating times – daily except Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Year’s Day
Please be aware that this service is not guaranteed and may be cancelled at short notice due to bad weather or operational requirements.
No pre-booking allowed.
April – 0800 – 1900hrs
May – September 0800 – 2300hrs
October - 0800-1900hrs
November – March 1000 - 1600hrs
Contact Information: Tel: 07970 346571 or VHF Channel 69
Dartmouth Public facilities at Toilet and Shower block at North Embankment
Dartmouth Yacht Club at South Embankment, Dartmouth tel 01803 832305
Royal Dart Yacht Club at Kingswear tel: 01803 752272
Dittisham – public facilities by the car park on the Ham
Water supplies (no hoses provided) for visiting vessels is available on the Dart Harbour waste pontoon mid river in Dartmouth
Taps are also located at:-
Town Jetty (Dartmouth)
South Embankment (Dartmouth)
There is a fuel barge mid stream in Dartmouth. For contact details and opening times, please visit their website. http://www.yeowardboatyards.com/index.cfm?page=page&pageid=6
Electricity and WiFi
Electricity is only available for visiting vessels on the Town Jetty in Dartmouth.
Dart Harbour offers a free wifi service for visitors and berth holders in Dartmouth. This service is available in Dartmouth only at this stage. If you wish to connect, please speak to a River Officer or visit the Harbour Office for an access code.
Wifi ashore can be found at Dartmouth Library, Cafe Alf Resco and the Royal Castle Hotel.
All waste from vessels in Dartmouth must be disposed of using bins provided on the waste pontoon. This is located mid stream up river of the fuel barge and has the capacity to recycle a variety of waste types. Waste skips in the vicinity of the Town Jetty should not be used as these are trade skips belonging to local businesses. There are also waste facilities at Dittisham and Stoke Gabriel.
Bag and bin your rubbish. Recycle and re-use when possible. If the bins are full, please ring the Harbour Office.
Please do not leave waste bags on pontoons as they encourage sea gulls. Hazardous waste, batteries or oil should be taken home or deposited in approved facilities.
- Batteries - By arrangement with Dart Harbour staff (batteries are not to be left on pontoons).
- Domestic Dry Waste - Mainstream Pontoon – above fuel barge.
- Flares - Dart Harbour does not accept old flares. Please dispose of these via the Coastguard at Brixham (not trade).
- Hazardous/Toxic Waste - Disposal by arrangement with Dart Harbour – a charge will be levied (Not to be left on any facility or pontoon).
- Oil Waste - Small amounts up to 20 litres – Dart Harbour, Hoodown Workshop area, Kingswear. Large amounts and commercial users – by arrangement with Dart Harbour – a charge will be made.
- Portable Tanks - Fill portable tanks and spare fuel containers away from the water’s edge. Do not overfill tanks and always provide drip trays.
- Paint and Oil Filters - Paint tins and oil filters are classed as special waste – these items should be disposed of at special facilities and not in general skips. Tel: Dart Harbour 01803 832337.
- Pollution - If you see (or accidentally cause) a pollution incident, report it straight away. The same applies even if you only suspect pollution (eg: dead fish, excessive foaming or water discolouration. (Environment Agency Tel: 0800 807060)).
- Sewage - Untreated sewage from yachts is unsightly and a health hazard. Use shore-side facilities whenever possible. Never discharge chemical toilet waste into the estuary.
Dart Harbour’s current contractor separates and recycles harbour waste – currently about 60 percent of all waste deposited in harbour facilities is recycled. Disposal of all refuse and waste oil must only be made at facilities specifically provided for that purpose. Any person found illegally disposing of hazardous material (eg flares, batteries, oil etc) will be prosecuted.
International Catering Waste
Dart Harbour does not accept International Catering Waste. Any vessel arriving at Dart Harbour wanting to dispose of ICW must contact the Animal Health & Veterinary Laboratories Agency on 01392 266373 and make their own arrangements for disposal of this waste.
Sewage Pump Out
There is a pump out facility at Darthaven Marina. Their 2018 charges are £18 for a motor boat and £12 for a yacht. Contact Darthaven Marina for more information.
Beyond Dartmouth the nearest pump out facilities are:-
Westbound: Yacht Haven Marina at Mount Batten, Plymouth
Eastbound: Weymouth Marina