Mariners are reminded that swimming is allowed on the Dart and we ask that you keep a good look out at all times. Swimmers use the river year round, but particularly in the summer months.
Swimmers are requested to avoid the main channel and busy mooring areas, and to follow the advice below.
- Never dive or jump into water of an unknown depth.
- Never swim near moving boats, boats running their engines or boats which may depart their moorings.
- Never swim in strong currents and/or tides.
- Never swim after consuming alcohol.
- It is not advisable to swim alone.
- Always swim within your limitations.
- Tell someone on the shore where you are swimming and when you expect to return to the shore.
- Consideration to wearing a high visibility swim cap and tow buoy to increase visibility.